Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy First Third Anniversary


Tuesday, March 10, was our first three year anniversary. For those of you that don't know our complicated story let me fill you in a little. Rich and I met here in the Dominican in May 2005. Rich lived here for six months being Brian's sidekick and general handy-man. I was an intern for the summer. We became good friends and feel in love over the summer. When we left in August we were pretty sure we would get married. We got engaged in September and started the long grueling process of immigration. 

We received our fiance visa but, found out that it was better to get married right away, so we could file the paper work, than to wait for our original wedding day. Unfortunately, our wedding was already paid for and the invitations had been sent out. 

So, over my spring break we got married in Arkansas. We weren't able to get everyone together in time so, it was just us and our parents. My dad preformed the wedding. After we got legally married at Camp Wyldwood I had to finish school. While I left for Nebraska with my parents, Rich stayed in Arkansas to look for housing and jobs. Two months later we got "married" again in our church wedding. 

People have all sorts of questions about our weird path to marriage. One of the most popular is which anniversary to you celebrate? And of course the answer is: BOTH! 

Rich surprised me on Tuesday by taking me to a nice restaurant. We both had steak, which was wonderful! Three years have flown by. We feel very blessed to be where we are today.