Friday, July 3, 2009

Gone but, Not Forgotten






Last week, with the help of a team from Northland Missions, we were able to go to La Caribe and serve some people. La Caribe is where we were drilling and were unable to find water after drilling 220 feet. We are hoping to be able to go back after the rig gets fixed and we complete our summer program. It was really important to us to let the people know that we haven't forgotten about them and we want to help in any way we can.
The Northland Missions team put on a VBS in the morning. We are pretty sure this was the first time the kids had ever had an activity like that before. They loved it! In the afternoon we painted two house.

The first house we painted was for an elderly woman. I was able to visit with her a little and she told me "I never thought I could have my house painted on my own. I just had to have faith in God that someone could come help, and God was faithful." She was so happy she was wiping away tears most of the time we were there. She flet so blessed that she wanted us to come paint her neighbors house. She told me "I don't want to have a better house than them. I don't ever want to have something that they don't."

The next house we painted was for a family that had been very generous to Rich and Wilson. They cooked food for them everyday and even taught Rich how to play Dominos. Everyone was thrilled to meet "la esposa de Ricardo," that's me. We had a great time working and visiting together. They wanted us to come back soon and visit. Hopefully we will! We have become very close with this little community and will not forget about them! A special thanks to the Northland Mission group for helping us reach out to La Caribe.