Sunday, September 13, 2009

Skin Kaleidoscope

Sunday before church I was sitting with JB's daughters. Ashleigh, the youngest, was holding my hand and noticed that I had some freckles on my skin. She asked "what's that?" I told her that God is so creative that He made everyone different and that He gave me freckles for decoration. At first she thought it was strange to have dots on your skin but, then started looking for "decorations" on her arms. She was excited to find one! Then she proceeded to pet my arm hair and told me it was soft like a cat.

I love the kids here, especially JB's girls. They have such an inquisitive spirit but, with innocence and never meanness. There is a lot of racial tension here between the Dominicans and Haitians so it was good to have a little impromptu lesson on how we are all made by God to be special.