Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Precious Moments

As our time in the DR wraps up we are trying to slow down on our "desk jobs" and really spend time with the people in our community. I've mentioned JB's family in many blogs, they are incredibly dear to us. Saturday we took JB and the girls out for a day at the beach. Rich and JB grilled hot dogs while the girls and I played in the surf. It was a beautiful day in God's creation.

Fafa, Wilmide and I went for a walk hand in hand down the beach. We sang songs from the movie Mary Poppins which, they had just seen for the first time that week. The didn't believe me when I told them it was an old movie. Let me tell you it is extremely difficult to sing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in Spanish.

JB and Rich played in the waves until it made them sick. We all made efforts to build sandcastles. In Bible class the next day Ashley was asked if the beach was "rich" and she responded "no, it was salty." We love this family so much and will miss them terribly. What a great day of wonderful memories!